Looking for a comprehensive resource to celebrate Valentine's Day in your classroom? Look no further! Our Songs and Activities set is designed to engage students from kindergarten through fifth grade with a variety of fun and educational materials. This resource is perfect for music teachers looking for ready-made materials to enhance their February curriculum.
This 113-page product includes:
- Songs and chants for Valentine's Day: “Bump up tomato (Bring back my heart to me),” “Mrs. Macaroni,” “Love Somebody,” “I can make a heart,” “Who Will Be My Valentine”
- Valentine's Day Movement activity: 25 printable color visuals with signs with movement directions on each, 25 printable black and white visuals with signs with movement directions on each, PowerPoint with embedded music, appropriate for grades 1-5
- Valentine's Day composition worksheet: includes directions and sample compositions, appropriate for grades 1-5
- Valentine's Day rhythm chart: appropriate for grades 1-5
- Valentine's Day rhythm patterns: Slideshows for practicing ta and ti-ti and syncopa (ti-ta-ti) are included. Each slideshow comes with a title page with 13 conversation hearts. Either throw a squishy or koosh ball at your interactive white board, or have students tap the heart of their choice, and read that pattern! Each heart will bring up a different slide. Directions for the slideshows are included.
- A reading assessment, for ta and ti-ti and syncopa with directions: This can be done in learning centers. Students read one of five heart patterns individually to the teacher; a rubric is included!
- Beat chart for Mrs. Macaroni, with rubric for tracking steady beat
- Rhythm cards for “”Love Somebody,”” to practice tika-tika
- Directions for writing rhythm with popsicle sticks and hearts
- Ready-made materials for Valentine's Day
- Engaging songs and chants that reinforce musical concepts
- Worksheets and games that review skills in a fun and interactive way
How to use:
- Use the songs as a fun way to start your Valentine's Day lessons or as transitions between activities.
- Use the movement activity to get kids up and moving!
- Use the rhythm activities to practice rhythmic concepts
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Question: How long do the activities in this set last for?
Answer: These activities could be weaved into lessons throughout the months of January and February.
Question: Does this set require lots of prep?
Answer: I created this set so that it would require little prep. Simply print the materials or open up the slideshows!
Question: Does this set require technology?
Answer: There are some files that would need to be projected onto your interactive white board.
Question: Which programs do I need to open up the files?
Answer: The set comes in a zipped folder, which you will need to unzip. The file types include:
- Google Slides
Read what other music educators are saying!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “”I loved using all of these activities with my students this year. Bump Up Tomato was a total hit in third and fourth grade, they ask to play it every week now!””
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “”Such a great bundle of songs and activities that are fun and engaging. I love that there is something for multiple grade levels and lessons can be adapted to fit your student's needs. Thank you for a great resource!””
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “”Perfect! Easy to teach, and the students enjoyed the songs. Thank you!””
Download the preview for more information.
Please email me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Aileen's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.